CORNEAL RESHAPING THERAPY
Corneal Reshaping Therapy (CRT) and/or Orthokeratology (Ortho-K) allows freedom from glasses and daytime contacts. Both include a specially designed contact lens worn only while sleeping reshapes the outer layer of the cornea. In the morning the lens is removed and voila! — great vision without glasses or contacts.
Corneal Reshaping Therapy was approved in June 2002 by FDA. Dr. Teles has been treating patients with CRT since the FDA approved them.
YOU HAVE OPTIONS WITH CONTACT LENSES
One-size does not fit all when it comes to contact lenses. There are so many options available today. Click below to learn more or contact us today.
Corneal Reshaping Therapy – At What Age?
Because of this safety record, CRT has become popular with children as well as adults, not good LASIK candidates. Treatment lenses never leave the house and do not require supervision at school. Parents love them because they are always under their supervision at home. Great candidates for CRT are:
- Dry eye patients and eye allergy patients having problems with daytime contact lens wear. The eyes are closed eliminating constant daytime irritation and lens awareness.
- Some diabetic patients advised not to have LASIK.
- LASIK candidates whose vision continues to change but wish to have the visual freedom from glasses and contacts.
- Eliminate the over forty reading glasses.
- There are many just not comfortable with the idea of eye surgery.
- Children with active lifestyles and whose eyes continue to change. CRT can help slow or stop these changes.
- Active individuals who wish to freely participate in all sports without the interference of glasses or the bother of contacts.
- LASIK candidates whose corneas are too thin.